Notifications
Clear all

Cells Check Question

comprensoldotna
(@comprensoldotna)
Active Member Customer

I've got this battery that appears to function and the numbers look alright.  Any idea why the software is listing all the cells as bad?

BadCell

Topic starter Posted : 14/10/2021 1:26 am
batFix
(@batfix)
Reputable Member

I would add "Battery Info" screenshot with dynamic/static/capacity/health data pulled off.

Basically, the cells have high impedance than usual values around 50 mOhm

Lets Make NLBA Great ! Together.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/10/2021 4:54 am
DjiBattWorkshop
(@djibattworkshop)
Member Moderator
Posted by: @batfix

This is for cylindric 18650 cells, but this one HT03XL which uses flat LiPo instead, they typically have much higher impedances and its considered normal. The only special heavy duty LiPos for drone, power tools or el.vehicles have low impedances.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/10/2021 2:26 pm
batFix
(@batfix)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @djibattworkshop

they typically have much higher impedances and its considered normal

Could you post the values for LiPo cells here ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/10/2021 4:54 pm
DjiBattWorkshop
(@djibattworkshop)
Member Moderator

There are no universal values for LiPo, as they depends on chemistry, capacity, geometric form of cells, parallel configuration, temperature, SoC, working current, wake up degree and so on.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/10/2021 5:01 pm
comprensoldotna
(@comprensoldotna)
Active Member Customer
Posted by: @djibattworkshop
Posted by: @batfix

This is for cylindric 18650 cells, but this one HT03XL which uses flat LiPo instead, they typically have much higher impedances and its considered normal. The only special heavy duty LiPos for drone, power tools or el.vehicles have low impedances.

This was kind of the assumption I came to as well especially since this battery has a very low cycle count and I saw something similar on a brand new macbook battery I tested.  Is there a way the NLBA software could know if it's dealing with Lithium Polymer cells or 18650 cells and adjust it's "good", "poor", and "bad" cell indicators accordingly depending on the internal resistance with types of cells?  Should I put this in the feature request section maybe?

Here is the battery info anyway.

BatteryInfo

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 15/10/2021 4:00 am
batFix
(@batfix)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @comprensoldotna

Should I put this in the feature request section maybe?

Definitely.

I would support the call

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/10/2021 4:55 am
DjiBattWorkshop
(@djibattworkshop)
Member Moderator
Posted by: @comprensoldotna

Is there a way the NLBA software could know if it's dealing with Lithium Polymer cells or 18650 cells and adjust it's "good", "poor", and "bad" cell indicators accordingly depending on the internal resistance with types of cells? 

Theorethically its possible by adding new parameters to battery database, like CELLS_TYPE and CELLS_CONFIG, then Cells Check algorithm could refer these values to take it into account. Having in view there are thousands of battery models these parameters could be collected by NLBA1 Network using Submit feature like its implemented with pinouts.

So feel free to add "Feature Request" topic.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/10/2021 1:30 pm
Share: