Notifications
Clear all

dell battery with below normal voltage

Hardey
(@hardey)
Estimable Member

hi, this dell battery is below 1.5v, i try to calibrate is not charging and i used normal charging log the current is not stable. should i boost the cell with psu or should i do keep charging it with the nlba divices

Topic starter Posted : 17/09/2021 1:58 pm
Nicusor
(@azzido)
Member Admin

@hardey

This battery has over discharged cells but the chip seems that it did not block the charging.

You can pre-charge it manually like you alaready did it in the first window:

- in Tab Battery Information set 6000mV and press Power On

- Monitor the Current parameter, in the picture it is 107mA

- the voltage on the cells will increase slowly

- you can increase the applied voltage from 6000mV to 6200mV and so on to keep the Current from 100mA to 200mA until the cells reach voltage at about 3000mV

- then you can go and in Charge tab and charge it automatically

From time to time you can check if it is charging in the Charge tab. You need to wait only 10 seconds to see a positive instant Current, if the Current=0mA after 10 seconds then you have to continue with manual charging.

NLBA Laptop Battery Analyzer with Chip Reset & Repair Option

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2021 6:48 pm
Hardey
(@hardey)
Estimable Member

hello, i just want to let u no that the way you asked me to apply the voltage really work, the battery is changing now, and i want to appreciate u guys for ur support   . thanks

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/09/2021 3:43 pm
DjiBattWorkshop
(@djibattworkshop)
Member Moderator

Me always wonder why some batteries could be precharged using Lab Supply or applying external voltage through Battery Info page but could not be precharged using dedicated Charge Tab.

Its not the first case reported on the forum. May be we should think about new preCharge feature to recovery such batteries without playing with Lab Supply or continiously adjusting external voltage to keep current in small range?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/09/2021 5:57 pm
Hardey and batFix liked
Nicusor
(@azzido)
Member Admin

@djibattworkshop 

Very simple: if the battery communication is not established (the chip does not communicate) then the charging process tries to power up the battery externally like the Power On does but this requires the user to reconnect the battery connector. Looking at the second picture in the first topic, the parameters were not read, see FCC, brand. The other values are from a previous battery.

This post was modified 1 month ago 3 times by Nicusor

NLBA Laptop Battery Analyzer with Chip Reset & Repair Option

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/09/2021 2:51 pm
DjiBattWorkshop
(@djibattworkshop)
Member Moderator

So what is necessary to make user-friendly recovery for such a batteries, hardware, firmware or software modification?

I mean single click preCharging, so customer could just click a button and the recovery process is started in background thus saving a time for another customers tasks.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/09/2021 3:28 pm
batFix liked
Share: