Clear all

EDIT FCC BQ8050 FOR DELL V79Y0

brahimsami1982
(@brahimsami1982)
Trusted Member Customer

Hello freind.

I have this dell battery for XPS 14Z with bq8050 IC

it has imbalance in two pair cell.

after precharge it and reset it i observe that the full charge capacity can',t be changed

i try to correct It by calibration but the charging process stop in 44%

Can you help me to solve it.

DELL XPS14 2
DELL XPS14
DELL XPS14 3

Topic starter Posted : 20/09/2021 5:02 am
Nicusor
(@azzido)
Member Admin

Go to Reset Tab and increase the FCC value until you obtain desired value.

Why do you want to increase the FCC for such a bad cells ? It is useless, the FCC should reflect the actual capacity of the cells. It will be modified by the chip after each cycle.

I see that in the Calibration tab the Charging did not stop at SoC=44%. I still see positive charging current. Looking at the voltage, the pack has 16283mV, this means that a cell has over 4000mV which is for sure not the equivalent of SoC=44%. So, your battery reports the SoC incorrectly. In this case Check both options Ignore SoC in the Calibration tab and let it do a full cycle. It is known that some Sanyo firmware have a very slow charging process near the full voltage.

NLBA Laptop Battery Analyzer with Chip Reset & Repair Option

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2021 5:48 am
DjiBattWorkshop
(@djibattworkshop)
Member Moderator
Posted by: @azzido

Looking at the voltage, the pack has 16283mV, this means that a cell has over 4000mV which is for sure not the equivalent of SoC=44%. So, your battery reports the SoC incorrectly

This is because chip reset was done before. Sanyo firmwares drop RSoC to 0% after soft reset. Then it calculates it from the scratch using coulumb-counter and passed charge untill FC bit is set. As soon as tamper conditions is reached it adjust RSoC to 100%. But this battery has imbalance around 60mV which could prevent to reach Full Charge. Anyway customer even did not wait this event as there is small Charging Current in progress.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2021 11:18 am
DjiBattWorkshop
(@djibattworkshop)
Member Moderator
Posted by: @brahimsami1982

after precharge it and reset

Why did you reset cycle counter and manufacture date on battery with old cells?

What do you want to achieve?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2021 11:20 am
batFix
(@batfix)
Reputable Member

I would guess - make a fake healthy battery to full someone.

Lets Make NLBA Great ! Together.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2021 1:14 pm
Share: