FCC edit on BQ304XX

Page 3 / 3
batFix
(@batfix)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @kevin

Which shipping company?

Imaging of the logistics:

- some battery's factory [SDI, SE, etc] manufactured thousand of batteries for each model for many companies (HP,Dell, etc)

- the factory could be located anywhere

- the batteries must be shipped by shipping company by air, sea, train, etc

- the shipping company don't want to move explosive materials like fully charged Li-Ion batteries !!!

Lets Make NLBA Great ! Together.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2021 10:02 am
Kevin
(@kevin)
Estimable Member Customer

@batfix 

Yes, I agree with that but I do not understand the question.

Let me explain history of this battery as I know it.

1. Customer bought Dell laptop with Dell battery installed in it. Laptop was working fine at this time including battery life time.

2. Some years later the battery died and the customer brought it to me for repair.

3. When I connected the battery to NLBA1 it was found out that the FCC was 435mAh

4. I edited the FCC as per this forum post and performed full calibration. After that, I gave it back to customer.

5. After less than 10 days customer brought it back after the Laptop started exhibiting an permanent battery failure error.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/09/2021 10:14 am
batFix
(@batfix)
Reputable Member

Yeah, this is different case.

You have everything to investigate the battery's behavior, good luck !

Lets Make NLBA Great ! Together.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2021 11:16 am
Kevin liked
torture
(@torture)
Member Moderator
Posted by: @batfix

Perhaps shipping company asked for that ?

Shipping company can't ask to change battery parameters like FCC. It's not their business.And anyway reducing FCC will do absolutely nothing regarding safety if the cells are fully charged. 

All batteries are shipped in a discharged state 30-40% RSOC.

This is the only precaution taken, prior to shipping, and is also the storage voltage of LiIon cells. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2021 12:46 pm
Kevin liked
DjiBattWorkshop
(@djibattworkshop)
Member Moderator

Additionally, depending on the kind of shipping, logistic companies could impose limits on Design Energy of the pack in Wh and on Volume Energy of the cells. Some Pack Makers prints these values on the pack label.

IMG 20210920 161607
IMG 2788c39a31d4128e05b2abc7be319798 V

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/09/2021 1:21 pm
Kevin liked
Nicusor
(@azzido)
Member Admin
Posted by: @kevin

@batfix 

Yes, I agree with that but I do not understand the question.

Let me explain history of this battery as I know it.

1. Customer bought Dell laptop with Dell battery installed in it. Laptop was working fine at this time including battery life time.

2. Some years later the battery died and the customer brought it to me for repair.

3. When I connected the battery to NLBA1 it was found out that the FCC was 435mAh

4. I edited the FCC as per this forum post and performed full calibration. After that, I gave it back to customer.

5. After less than 10 days customer brought it back after the Laptop started exhibiting an permanent battery failure error.

If you have time, you can perform a discharge to SoC=0%. If the battery runs without locking then it could be a problem with the laptop. During runtime, the laptop perhaps has an issue and drain too much current for example, a short on motherboard.

NLBA Laptop Battery Analyzer with Chip Reset & Repair Option

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/09/2021 6:29 am
Page 3 / 3
Share: