IMG 20210609 205137 755
 IMG 20210609 204816 268
ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/06/2021 10:46 pm
Nicusor
(@azzido)
Member Admin

@unitbngong

What is that and why in this topic ? Please post in the correct topic otherwise I will delete the posts.

NLBA Laptop Battery Analyzer with Chip Reset & Repair Option

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/06/2021 7:41 am
unitbngong
(@unitbngong)
Estimable Member Customer

Preparing battery to reset.

I happen to change cells from another battery which was fully charged but when i reset it it charge and stop at certain percentage since the (Ignore SoC discharge) is not available on my firmware, i use that to discharge before resest.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/06/2021 9:20 am
Nicusor
(@azzido)
Member Admin

@unitbngong

Please create a new topic, put some words then pictures. If you just throw some pictures in a different thread it will be confused.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/06/2021 2:40 pm
CompShop
(@yura-compshop)
Eminent Member Customer

Hello! When to expect support for this controller?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/06/2021 1:04 pm
Nicusor
(@azzido)
Member Admin
Posted by: @yura-compshop

Hello! When to expect support for this controller?

We don't know exactly.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/06/2021 4:02 pm
dodge1
(@dodge1)
Active Member Customer

@healeydave Yes you can, I've done many times with a variable power supply, but it depends on the battery manufacturer.  I did it years ago, and currently do it every week on a battery with chip bq2060ss which is not supported by this device.  Some batteries, as the Admin states, first have to go thru the charging Chip which would manage all the parameters.  Again, IT CAN BE DONE. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/09/2021 11:58 pm
CompShop
(@yura-compshop)
Eminent Member Customer

Hello! There was some news on the support and repair of batteries on the controller bq40z697? I really look forward to the support of this controller. The license is active.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/09/2021 12:58 pm
Nicusor
(@azzido)
Member Admin
Posted by: @ddg6000

@healeydave Yes you can, I've done many times with a variable power supply, but it depends on the battery manufacturer.  I did it years ago, and currently do it every week on a battery with chip bq2060ss which is not supported by this device.  Some batteries, as the Admin states, first have to go thru the charging Chip which would manage all the parameters.  Again, IT CAN BE DONE. 

What it can be done ?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/09/2021 8:05 pm
Nicusor
(@azzido)
Member Admin

Hello! There was some news on the support and repair of batteries on the controller bq40z697? I really look forward to the support of this controller. The license is active.

I hope in 1-2 weeks to release new software with an interface for remote reset. Remotely we can reset more chips. Please hold on.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 03/09/2021 8:07 pm
dodge1
(@dodge1)
Active Member Customer

@azzido Please let us know immediately as soon as you release the new interface so we can repair our unsupported batteries remotely and privately.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/09/2021 12:12 pm
CompShop
(@yura-compshop)
Eminent Member Customer

Hello! A new version has been released, but there is no controller support in it. When to expect support for this controller bq40z697? It's just that they are discharging and I will soon lose the ability to reset on many batteries that are awaiting firmware. Opening the shell is not very suitable, the presentation is lost and it will be difficult to sell such a battery. Is there any possibility for highly discharged batteries with a small current to still allow a reset and gradual charging? With a strong discharge, the ability to reset the lock is disabled.

This post was modified 1 month ago by CompShop
ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2021 12:51 pm
DjiBattWorkshop
(@djibattworkshop)
Member Moderator

Is there any possibility for highly discharged batteries with a small current to still allow a reset and gradual charging?

Theoretically it's possible if fuse is not blown. Check my post here for more details.

https://www.laptopu.ro/community/postid/3150

For practical use it requires special precompiled "Recovery" buttons for different chips or Scripting support for advanced customers to allow build their own recovery procedures.

But if fuse is blown you need to open a plastic case anyway. Luckily many modern slim-design batteries have only adhesive tape over the PCB which is easy to open and battery presentability is not lost so it could be sold.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/09/2021 1:03 pm
Nicusor
(@azzido)
Member Admin

Hello! A new version has been released, but there is no controller support in it. When to expect support for this controller bq40z697? It's just that they are discharging and I will soon lose the ability to reset on many batteries that are awaiting firmware. Opening the shell is not very suitable, the presentation is lost and it will be difficult to sell such a battery. Is there any possibility for highly discharged batteries with a small current to still allow a reset and gradual charging? With a strong discharge, the ability to reset the lock is disabled.

A new version was released and a very important firmware was added, new firmwares used in Apple Macbook batteries.

The chips which are not supported, some of them can still be unsealed remotely, check the Remote Server already available in V3.5.0 in Smbus/Reset tab.

In practice, in principle it's almost impossible to precharge the cells without opening the case. I didn't try it so I won't recommend it. It's much faster to even drill a small hole in the battery case and get access to the direct cell contact then precharge the cells.

If the cells are 18650 type then yes, if the are dischaged bellow 1V then it is not possible to precharge and recover them.

If the cells are LiPo like in the modern slim and flat batteries you can pre-charge and recover them even from 0.5V.

Also note that before deciding to repair a battery by pre-charging the cells (keep existing cells) other parameters must be analyzed like Cycle Count, Manufacturer Date, FCC. If the cycle count is high or date is very old or FCC is small then repairing would be useless.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/09/2021 7:28 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: