Notifications
Clear all

Resetting unsupported laptop battery chips

craigbrendar
(@craigbrendar)
Active Member Customer

Still trying to teach myself about the tester and such. Now I have come across a few Hp MO06 batteries that I have and they are locked and the chip is bq30z55. The software says not supported. Now from reading am I to understand that even if I have the paid subscription I could not unlock this unless I paid again on top of that for each one? Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/09/2021 7:31 pm
UNITB TECH
(@unitbtech)
Estimable Member Customer

Welcome sir i guess you are new.

If you have purchased licence for resetting you must have read about the supported chips or even after NLBA device can still tell you which chips are supported or not.

You are one of all  NLBA users who are patiently waiting for our engineers working hard for other chips especially bq30zxxx to be supported on NLBA but before then you need pay for remote resetting of each bq30zxxx battery you have.

WELCOME.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2021 8:10 pm
Nicusor
(@azzido)
Member Admin
Posted by: @craigbrendar

Still trying to teach myself about the tester and such. Now I have come across a few Hp MO06 batteries that I have and they are locked and the chip is bq30z55. The software says not supported. Now from reading am I to understand that even if I have the paid subscription I could not unlock this unless I paid again on top of that for each one? Thanks.

Here is the supported chip list: https://www.laptopu.ro/product/laptop-battery-chip-reset-repair-and-program/

About 70% of the chips on the market are covered by the Reset License above. NOT ALL chips are supported and there are chips that CANNOT be included in the reset since we don't have the solution.

Even that, for some chips which are not directly supported by the NLBA1 license we could offer remote reset using other servers where we pay to have access. So, remote service is not free.

P.S. Please choose better topic titles, "Just want to clarify something" is not a good title.

NLBA Laptop Battery Analyzer with Chip Reset & Repair Option

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2021 8:39 pm
craigbrendar
(@craigbrendar)
Active Member Customer

Thanks for clarifying for me. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 13/09/2021 8:49 pm
DjiBattWorkshop
(@djibattworkshop)
Member Moderator

Now I have come across a few Hp MO06

Could you paste screenshot from some of these batteries?

As well as HP regulatory number started from HSTNN... letters which is printed on the label. Basing on this we could say if this battery could be unlocked remotely.

You could continue in this thread specially created for bq30z5xx discussion.

https://www.laptopu.ro/community/features-request-for-nlba/bq30z5xx-reset-support-questionnaire/

Now from reading am I to understand that even if I have the paid subscription I could not unlock this unless I paid again on top of that for each one?

Yes, for unsupported chips its correct but Some ICs like max178xx could not be reset even using remote service because we not have solutions for it.

But if you not have active subscription you could also use remote reset service. This way you pay only for the battery you need to reset.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/09/2021 9:05 pm
Share: