Notifications
Clear all

LG battery LB6211NK, which chip inside?

Hardey
(@hardey)
Reputable Member

hi, can the LG lb6211nk battery be unlock with dis device. can it b fix cos the chip name is not showing by the device, and battery has bad health. any hope for this battery to work again.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/09/2021 5:59 am
Topic Tags
DjiBattWorkshop
(@djibattworkshop)
Member Moderator

Paste good quality picture of the chip.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/09/2021 7:32 am
Nicusor
(@azzido)
Member Admin
Posted by: @hardey

hi, can the LG lb6211nk battery be unlock with dis device. can it b fix cos the chip name is not showing by the device, and battery has bad health. any hope for this battery to work again.

Can you analyze this battery by yourself ? I am really curious what you observe. Sorry but I explained you so many times the basics of basics in analyzing a laptop battery.

So, I am waiting for your analysis for this battery.

NLBA Laptop Battery Analyzer with Chip Reset & Repair Option

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/09/2021 10:07 am
Hardey
(@hardey)
Reputable Member

i have bals the cells and move to unlock reset and the chip is supported and i try to unseal it and clear the chip but is still lock.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/09/2021 3:58 pm
DjiBattWorkshop
(@djibattworkshop)
Member Moderator

Read PF Status to check the reason of lock.

WW 00 0053

RW 00

@azzido

Could we add OpStatus, SafetyStatus, PFStatus register indication to bq20zXXX Reset tab?

Like its done for bq40z5xx chips.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/09/2021 4:29 pm
Nicusor
(@azzido)
Member Admin

@hardey 

Why do you put a picture with bad cells and ask why is it locked ? you replaced the cells and you put an old picture. It is very hard for us to guess what you do. Always provide accurate and clear detailed information to avoid asking tons of questions.

Go now in Reset tab and press Chip Info, this will provide you additional information.

NLBA Laptop Battery Analyzer with Chip Reset & Repair Option

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/09/2021 5:00 pm
Hardey
(@hardey)
Reputable Member

@azzido Okey, u should know that I am still learning how to repair laptops battery and it not going to be easy for me now. So u should  know that I will make some mistakes and mess too. But with time I will catch up. So see me as amateur not a professional. 😀 And thanks for ur corporation and support, I really appreciate it. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 24/09/2021 6:49 pm
Hardey
(@hardey)
Reputable Member

hello, sorry to border you with my questions am just a little comfuss here, you said that i should go to to reset tab and press chip info, and you also said that i should read the PF AND CHECK THE REASON OF LOCK. WW 00 0053, RW 00. so which one should i do? bcos i just read the chip and this is the result

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/09/2021 10:48 am
DjiBattWorkshop
(@djibattworkshop)
Member Moderator

PFStatus already read there, no need to read it using commands.

Your chip is not locked, as PFF is 0x0000. But it looks you did not connected System Present to ground as PRES flag is missing in OpStatus.

Do you have pinout for this battery?

Paste it here.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/09/2021 11:09 am
Hardey
(@hardey)
Reputable Member

Pinout picture

IMG 20210925 122018

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/09/2021 11:27 am
DjiBattWorkshop
(@djibattworkshop)
Member Moderator

You should find System Present on this battery connector.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/09/2021 11:46 am
Hardey
(@hardey)
Reputable Member

hello , i have gotten it is unlock now and is charging .dos it mean without the system present pin the battery will not work or unlock. and i want to know if it do happens to other brands of battery . so pls explain the work of the system present pin.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/09/2021 4:45 pm
DjiBattWorkshop
(@djibattworkshop)
Member Moderator

System Present pin is used to allow Charging and Discharging when battery inserted in laptop.

Some brands like Lenovo not has this pin by design.

Some brands like Asus has 2 System Present pins on some battery models, for example A32-F82, they marked on the Pcb as CONT1, CONT2.

You should always refer battery pinout for specific model to check if this pin is used there. It is marked as 'T' in the NLBA1 pinout database.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/09/2021 5:47 pm
Kevin liked
Kevin
(@kevin)
Reputable Member Customer
Posted by: @hardey

hello , i have gotten it is unlock now and is charging .dos it mean without the system present pin the battery will not work or unlock. and i want to know if it do happens to other brands of battery . so pls explain the work of the system present pin.

Can you please share what you did in order to solve the issue reported earlier? Did you find the system present? If yes, which one is it? And did you add this battery pin-outs to the database?

Please always share how you solved the reported/mentioned issues. This will help other members in the future.

dos it mean without the system present pin the battery will not work or unlock

Without the system present the battery will not charge or discharge and you will not have any voltage on the B+ pin. The battery will still unlock the PF (permanent failure) state without the system pin connected.

and i want to know if it do happens to other brands of battery

Not all battery packs have the system present pin. Some batteries have their outputs always on.

so pls explain the work of the system present pin

System present pin is like a switch. When it is open, no will be no voltage output and when tied to ground (assuming it is active low), it will switch on/activate the battery output.

Hope this answers your query.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/09/2021 5:53 pm
Share: