Notifications
Clear all

Reset on Version 3.4.0 - Explaine "Disabled Reset in case a cell is bad"

Page 1 / 2
ralph
(@ralph)
Eminent Member

Hi Nicusor and team

the reset feature is very nice. well done. 

I've just received a notification about the new software version. In the note, it says: "Disabled Reset in case a cell is bad"

Can you please define what you mean by 'bad'? Is it going to be making automatic decisions about what chips it will reset or does it come with an option to turn off this feature? Ideally, I'd like some reassurance that user control is not going to be removed by this update - we might have different ideas about 'bad'

Looking forward to hearing back from you soonest! 

Cheers,

Ralph 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/06/2021 7:42 pm
Nicusor
(@azzido)
Member Admin

Actually, in version 3.3.0 it was a bug and Reset was allowed even the cells were bad (voltage lower than 2500mV or higher than 4500mV). In version 3.3.0, if the voltage of the cell was outside 2500mv - 4500mV, a warning message was printed as "Reset disabled" but the user was allowed to continue. In such a situation there is no benefit, it is useless to perform a reset while the cells are bad, the errors will be set again.

So, it is more intuitive for the user to see the message and "Next" button disabled, the user will know there is something wrong and must be fixed in order to continue.

More, the customers asked why the battery does not work after Reset (because of bad cells).

NLBA Laptop Battery Analyzer with Chip Reset & Repair Option

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/06/2021 7:58 pm
UNITB TECH
(@unitbtech)
Estimable Member Customer

All i'm waiting for is bq30zxxx, les autres parametres m'arrange comme ca

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/06/2021 8:13 pm
ralph
(@ralph)
Eminent Member

OK I got it. So the word 'bad' means that a cell is above/below some standard threshold voltages. I say this because even if a battery is over discharged (e.g. 1500-2500) (or in pre-charge mode) it can possibly be revived, so it might not be permanently 'bad'. 

Thank you for the clarification!

Have a nice evening 

Ralph 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/06/2021 8:13 pm
ralph
(@ralph)
Eminent Member

PS: the reset feature is REALLY good. 

Thank you

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/06/2021 8:17 pm
batFix
(@batfix)
Honorable Member

Cannot updated to 3.4.0; Win10 Home

nblaUerr

Lets Make NLBA Great ! Together.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2021 7:10 am
batFix
(@batfix)
Honorable Member

Running install from a zip;

BTW, each new version unnecessary trying Repair/Modify/Delete PL2303 USB driver; perhaps adding checking if those installed with same version will skip the part of install ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2021 7:17 am
batFix
(@batfix)
Honorable Member

Got it running after Win Restart

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2021 7:31 am
Nicusor
(@azzido)
Member Admin
Posted by: @batfix

Cannot updated to 3.4.0; Win10 Home

nblaUerr

Did you execute the NLBA1 software in Administrator Mode ? It says it has no access to the path where NLBA1 is installed. There was a clear and big warning message to execute the software in Administrator Mode if you get such error.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2021 9:18 am
Nicusor
(@azzido)
Member Admin

Running install from a zip;

BTW, each new version unnecessary trying Repair/Modify/Delete PL2303 USB driver; perhaps adding checking if those installed with same version will skip the part of install ?

You don't need to Repair, Modify or Delete the PL2303 USB driver. Just press "cancel" button. So simple.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2021 9:19 am
batFix
(@batfix)
Honorable Member

OK, while the simple method would be simple check inside of installer script... 

As to Admin rights, the current and only one account on the PC have the Admin rights. It's clearly have them as running EXE done without such error.

Anyway, I got and it's running. Done.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/06/2021 11:09 am
daniel.martins
(@daniel-martins)
Active Member Customer

@azzido I have got the same "Disabled Reset" trying to recover a battery. It does not charge or discharge but the software says that the battery is unlocked and I cannot reset the chip. This is my second try. On my first, I had another battery with the same issue (It does not charge or discharge but the software says that the battery is unlocked) however the reset option was fully operational. So, I performed the reset and the battery started to charge again. Is there something I could do to reset this battery or something else to make it charge again? Thank you!

WhatsApp Image 2021 07 15 at 12.18.11
ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/07/2021 3:26 pm
Nicusor
(@azzido)
Member Admin

OK, while the simple method would be simple check inside of installer script... 

As to Admin rights, the current and only one account on the PC have the Admin rights. It's clearly have them as running EXE done without such error.

Anyway, I got and it's running. Done.

This is how I want to be. When someone wants to install the driver, re-install or repair it then it must have this option.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/07/2021 5:25 am
Nicusor
(@azzido)
Member Admin
Posted by: @daniel-martins

@azzido I have got the same "Disabled Reset" trying to recover a battery. It does not charge or discharge but the software says that the battery is unlocked and I cannot reset the chip. This is my second try. On my first, I had another battery with the same issue (It does not charge or discharge but the software says that the battery is unlocked) however the reset option was fully operational. So, I performed the reset and the battery started to charge again. Is there something I could do to reset this battery or something else to make it charge again? Thank you!

WhatsApp Image 2021 07 15 at 12.18.11

The error message is clear: 3 cells are overdischarged. Take the message into account, pre-charge the cells to 3000mV then reset will work. If not, then open a new topic and put a picture with all parameters too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/07/2021 5:27 am
batFix
(@batfix)
Honorable Member

@daniel-martins 

You will make much better readable picture for all readers here, if you will make a snapshot by following three simple steps:

- press two buttons ALT+PrtScrn on your keyboard

- c&p into MSpaint, save the snapshot as JPG file

- Attach the JPG file to your post(s)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/07/2021 8:11 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: