Notifications
Clear all

bq9000 Acer battery reset  

RSS
A l e x
(@alex)

Hello,

I have Acer battery AL12A32 with "Locked" status, all cells around 1V each one.

After that, i opened battery, charged them indiviually , but with no luck,  still Locked.

What i can do to reset ? 

Thanks.

1610607543-IMG-20210114-WA0000.jpg
Posted : 14/01/2021 6:59 am
DjiBattWorkshop
(@djibattworkshop)
Eminent Member

Could you generate new battery parameters report to see updated Cells voltages after daily relax period?

It's important to confirm cells not have parasitic self-discharge which could happen after deep discharge.

Also make screenshot of Static Parameters to see Chip name detected by the software.

This post was modified 1 day ago by DjiBattWorkshop
ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2021 10:35 am
DjiBattWorkshop
(@djibattworkshop)
Eminent Member

Also make picture of battery label to confirm it's authentic.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2021 10:50 am
Nicusor
(@nex)
Member Admin
Posted by: @alex

Hello,

I have Acer battery AL12A32 with "Locked" status, all cells around 1V each one.

After that, i opened battery, charged them indiviually , but with no luck,  still Locked.

What i can do to reset ? 

Thanks.

1610607543-IMG-20210114-WA0000.jpg

In few words, this is the procedure How to reset BQ9000 chip in a laptop battery:

Before opening the battery case, your battery was in a Lock state because of over-discharged cells (about 1v). Due to this low voltage, the chip entered in a so-called "Permanent Failure Mode". Even you replace the cells with new cells the chip will still be in Permanent Failure Mode. You need to clear error flags of the BQ9000 chip then update the FCC parameter to reflect new cells capacity. Also, have in mind that some firmwares blow the thermal fuse located on the PCB. In that case, the fuse needs to be repaired.

The most difficult part is resetting/clearing errors of BQ9000 chip. You must unseal it, this procedure is strictly confidential. We will add soon support for BQ9000 chip. Until then please read all battery parameters and take a full picture.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2021 7:19 pm
A l e x
(@alex)

@nex

For the moment all cells are disconnected and charged separately.

Tomorrow i put back together and see what's happening,  now cells has not dropped the voltage after charging...

I ordered a new battery since this procedure is complicated for me 🙂

This post was modified 22 hours ago by A l e x
ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2021 7:28 pm
Nicusor
(@nex)
Member Admin

@alex

The situation will be the same 🙂 the battery won't work. Don't throw the battery, soon we will release BQ9000 chip and you could fix it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2021 8:14 pm
Share: