(@alex)

Look

1610559442-dwsw.jpg
ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/01/2021 5:37 pm
DjiBattWorkshop
(@djibattworkshop)
Eminent Member

Have you precharged the cells before making screenshot?

Battery electronics normally goes to Locked state in case of deep discharge but your report shows it's not the case.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/01/2021 5:56 pm
A l e x
(@alex)

@djibattworkshop

Yes, i charged before because does not saw the battery.

Now is showing but with this "error".

What i can do to unlock? 

Ps : Also now the laptop see the battery but "Plugged In / Not charging"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/01/2021 6:11 pm
DjiBattWorkshop
(@djibattworkshop)
Eminent Member
Posted by: @krs

Yes, i charged before because does not saw the battery.

Now it's clear for me why it was not detected. Pinout was correct. When cells are extremely low discharged then battery electronics could not be properly initialized thus making the bus not responsive.

Posted by: @krs

What i can do to unlock? 

1. First check if cells voltages are steady over time. If any of them will drop overnight it means cells have parasitic self-discharge and should be replaced for new one.

2. If Step 1 will reveal cells voltages are steady overnight, then balance them as close as possible using Li-Ion cells charger or LabPSU. For example Cell 2 are now 130mV unbalanced in relation to Cells 1 and 3. This value still not critical but should be rectified.

3. Check if battery are genuine. In Static Area it should show bq9000 chip name detected.  Confirm same chip installed on the PCB. It has QFN32 4x4mm square enclosure.

4. If step 3 is Ok, then me recommend you to start new thread in the Chip Reset Area on "How to reset bq9000 in Acer battery" to minimize offtopic in the Pinout subforum. We are currently developing bq9000 payware reset plugin but for beta-testing we will do some free of charge resets on different battery models to confirm its performance so you could reset your battery for free. Alternatively it could be done over AnyDesk or TeamViewer if you are new to chip reset or will found difficulties with plugin usage.

By the way how deep were cells discharged after long storage period? Have you noted cells voltages just upon case dissasembly and first measurements.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/01/2021 7:08 pm
A l e x
(@alex)

@djibattworkshop

Around 1V each 🙂

Thank you for all. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2021 6:38 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: