Thank you.

NLBA Laptop Battery Analyzer with Chip Reset & Repair Option

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2023 3:55 pm
VW
 VW
(@wvanneste1)
Active Member Customer

I used the Prolific PL2303 v 3.8.25.0 driver on my Windows 11 version 22H2 in the past with succes, but now with the update to Windows 11 version 23H2, I can not make the connection anymore with my NBLA.
Any similar problems with the latest windows version?
Any suggestions?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/12/2023 8:30 pm
Nicusor
(@azzido)
Member Admin

@wvanneste1 

PL2303 is not detected after the last update ?

I think there is an option to change the firmware version to make it big enough to inform windows it is always the newest and to not update it. Can you check that and let us know ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/12/2023 10:27 pm
VW
 VW
(@wvanneste1)
Active Member Customer
Posted by: @azzido

@wvanneste1 

PL2303 is not detected after the last update ?

I think there is an option to change the firmware version to make it big enough to inform windows it is always the newest and to not update it. Can you check that and let us know ?

Do you mean somewhere in the NBLA software? I did not find that option there (version 4.3.0) to make windows believe it's PL2303 driver 1001.99.99.0  😉 .

Meanwhile I uninstalled the NBLA software and the PL2303 driver, did a cleanup with CCleaner to remove all remaining traces, restarted and reinstalled the NBLA software and
it's now working again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/12/2023 8:42 pm
Nicusor
(@azzido)
Member Admin

@wvanneste1 

Not in the NLBA1, in Windows.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/12/2023 6:38 am
VW
 VW
(@wvanneste1)
Active Member Customer

@wvanneste1 

I tried to find that on the internet but nothing usefull unless you block ALL driver updates; but in that case your computer is not getting the updates for other programs as well what is ofcourse not OK and not the intention.

Since last week, I still need to reinstall often the NBLA software or the PL2303 driver to have working communication with the NBLA, as more and more computers will run windows 11 in the short future,
will NIP Embedded place other PL2303 chips in the new NBLA devices to overcome this problem of automatic driver updates by windows and compatibility with it?
https://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?p_id=225&pcid=41
If so, could a current NBLA device be upgraded with a new PL2303 chip of the versions PL2303 HXD, SA, RA GC, GS, GT, GL, GE , GD, GR which are windows 11 compatible?
Or is another type of communication between the NBLA and the battery controller a better option?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/12/2023 9:33 pm
Nicusor
(@azzido)
Member Admin
Posted by: @wvanneste1

@wvanneste1 

I tried to find that on the internet but nothing usefull unless you block ALL driver updates; but in that case your computer is not getting the updates for other programs as well what is ofcourse not OK and not the intention.

Since last week, I still need to reinstall often the NBLA software or the PL2303 driver to have working communication with the NBLA, as more and more computers will run windows 11 in the short future,
will NIP Embedded place other PL2303 chips in the new NBLA devices to overcome this problem of automatic driver updates by windows and compatibility with it?
https://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?p_id=225&pcid=41
If so, could a current NBLA device be upgraded with a new PL2303 chip of the versions PL2303 HXD, SA, RA GC, GS, GT, GL, GE , GD, GR which are windows 11 compatible?
Or is another type of communication between the NBLA and the battery controller a better option?

Since the PL2303TA chip is discontinued we need to find another chip. This is under research yet.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/12/2023 8:43 pm
nwcs
 nwcs
(@nwcs)

I could not fix my problem with uninstall / install so simply tried connecting direct to the PC instead of a USB hub and presto - worked straight away

Sometimes the easiest solution is the best Smile  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/01/2024 10:08 pm
Nicusor liked
sss
 sss
(@sss)
Trusted Member

Hi
My Pc windows11 can use work on NLBA sw ver 4.3.0
after update to 4.3.6 is cannot connect to PC usb is not support.

please help me solve this problem.

Thank you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/02/2024 5:45 pm
DjiBattWorkshop
(@djibattworkshop)
Member Moderator

Roll back to v4.3.0 and check if it works. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/02/2024 7:28 pm
Nicusor
(@azzido)
Member Admin
Posted by: @sss

Hi
My Pc windows11 can use work on NLBA sw ver 4.3.0
after update to 4.3.6 is cannot connect to PC usb is not support.

please help me solve this problem.

Thank you

You most probably removed the Prolific driver during installation. Press Cancel when you are asked to Remove the Driver, if you press Next this is what is happening.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/02/2024 8:24 pm
sss
 sss
(@sss)
Trusted Member

@azzido hi thank you for informing me is working can be use

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/02/2024 1:36 am
Nicusor liked
sss
 sss
(@sss)
Trusted Member

Hi
today i cannot use usb connect device i thank windows is automatic update driver USB.
please help me solve this problem if can.
thank you.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/02/2024 1:24 pm
Nicusor
(@azzido)
Member Admin

@sss 

1. Our software works with Win 7 and 10.

2. If you want to use NLBA1 device with Win11 you can replace PL2303TA chip with PL2303GC chip only if the device is not covered by warranty.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/02/2024 8:59 am
VW
 VW
(@wvanneste1)
Active Member Customer

@sss 

1. Our software works with Win 7 and 10.

2. If you want to use NLBA1 device with Win11 you can replace PL2303TA chip with PL2303GC chip only if the device is not covered by warranty.

@ Nicusor,
I suppose this switch from PL2303TA to PL2303GC has been tried in your lab with succes?
It seems the PL2303GC is hard to get, my NBLA1 is from October 2022.
I only found 1 shop: https://www.lcsc.com/product-detail/USB-ICs_Prolific-Tech-PL2303GC_C18184847.html
Any other shops within EU or Aliexpress?

Besides from the PL2303TA replacement, are there other improvements which could be carried out by NIP embedded which could be beneficial, if I would
send my NBLA back to you (Firmware version is = 1.14)?

In the FAQ I found :"The NLBA1 Professional Laptop Battery Analyzer has 12 months warranty."
As Romania is a EU member shouldn't this be 2 years as all warranties in EU must be 2 years from a legal standpoint?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/02/2024 3:59 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: