Notifications
Clear all

Ergo - Ergo Computing UK Ltd. battery pinouts request.

Mal
 Mal
(@lszynkam)
Eminent Member Customer

Hi everyone!

I'm Marcin and this  is my first ever involvement in any forum what so ever when it comes to writing a question. 

I looked at Laptop battery pinouts request topic and I want to post this there but I could not find add topic button other that this one I'm using and I hope this will be posted there and not anywhere else. if so I'm sorry but could anyone show me where do I click to post in that topic. thx

I have a Ergo Computing UK Ltd. - Ergo Hardcase  Pro 651 M/N S15C with Li-ion Battery M/N R15D and battery product N 23+050242+03.

Its 3s2c battery I believe as I did not open it designed to 11.1V 4.4Ah 48Wh

i tried all I know but I cant find pinouts to it and I believe that pin 1 is Negative and pin 7 is Positive as there is only 7 pins.

no combination I tried had helped in communication with the battery. 

did anyone ever had a battery like that and if so could you please share pinout for it if You still remember it?

Pretty please and thank You.

P.S i will attach photos of this battery

20210906 095001270 iOS
20210906 095010277 iOS
20210906 095015884 iOS
20210906 095038570 iOS
20210906 095028398 iOS
20210906 094947989 iOS
20210906 095024469 iOS

Lets fix it!

Topic starter Posted : 06/09/2021 10:13 am
Mal
 Mal
(@lszynkam)
Eminent Member Customer
Posted by: @lszynkam

i tried all I know but I cant find pinouts to it and I believe that pin 1 is Negative and pin 7 is Positive as there is only 7 pins.

I forgot to mention that I get 0.8 voltage drop from pin1 to 4 and 5 but what is completely crazy to me is that I get same v drop from pin 7 to 4 and 5 and it looks like only pin 1 and 7 are shorted no other pins. if that would be a shorted circuit on the OPB that would mean that more than just 1 and 7 pins would show short for example in my opinion it would be 1,2,3 and 7 shorting as 1-3 are ground I believe if that battery pinout resembles other battery I had a look at in  my life / unless this is not the case and i have Negative on pin 1 and Battery Detection on pin 7 and Positive somewhere (2,3 or 6) as 4 and 5 are data and clock. funny thing is this is working battery from a laptop I have lol.

Lets fix it!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/09/2021 10:33 am
batFix
(@batfix)
Reputable Member

Usually, edge contacts are +Vbat and -Vbat, often multiplying to two or three near, like 1/2/3 -Vbat and 7/8/9 +Vbat.

Did you try all combinations to find +/- V bat contacts by multimeter?

Lets Make NLBA Great ! Together.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/09/2021 4:53 pm
Mal
 Mal
(@lszynkam)
Eminent Member Customer

@batfix Hi! Thx for trying to hlp but as already written in my post I did try all combinations. 

Lets fix it!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/09/2021 8:15 pm
torture
(@torture)
Member Moderator

@lszynkam 

Please read chapter 7 of NLBA User Manual. There is a detailed description how to find the right pins.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/09/2021 8:57 pm
torture
(@torture)
Member Moderator

Your only option would be to open the battery and check what is the chip. It it possible that it has non standart sbs communication with only eeprom chip on the pcb like some toshiba, fujitsu & panasonic batteries. If this is the case you will not be able to read any data with NLBA even if you have the correct pinout.

If you don't want to open it than the other option would be to use software like AIDA64 or BatteryInfoView to check some parameters like wear level etc.

But the info will be very limited.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/09/2021 8:34 am
Mal
 Mal
(@lszynkam)
Eminent Member Customer
Posted by: @torture

Your only option would be to open the battery and check what is the chip. It it possible that it has non standart sbs communication with only eeprom chip on the pcb like some toshiba, fujitsu & panasonic batteries. If this is the case you will not be able to read any data with NLBA even if you have the correct pinout.

If you don't want to open it than the other option would be to use software like AIDA64 or BatteryInfoView to check some parameters like wear level etc.

But the info will be very limited.

Hi again. 

that is what I was thinking to be honest and I was afraid of that as I don't really want to open that one. 

both software's

you mention are good but for other reasons. 

for all of those that have working laptop and battery for it and windows software there is far more easy way to obtain information from and about battery. 

just follow those steps :

1. Press Windows key + X, or in search box type CMD
  2. click Command Prompt with right mouse button
  3. run it as Admin
  4. Command Prompt opened as administrator
  5. type exactly with space in between without dash at beginning and end  - powercfg /batteryreport - at the command prompt,
  6. then hit the Enter key
  7. Windows generates a battery report
  8. The report will be saved under C:\Windows\System32 as battery-report
  9. open it by double clicking on it
  10. et voila a battery report that looks just like that on attached picture or similar
2021 09 07
2021 09 07 (1)
2021 09 07 (2)
2021 09 07 (3)

My best regards

Lets fix it!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/09/2021 10:36 am
batFix
(@batfix)
Reputable Member

windows software there is far more easy way to obtain information from and about battery

Hehe, not that informative as NBLA software.

Lets Make NLBA Great ! Together.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/09/2021 7:43 pm
Mal
 Mal
(@lszynkam)
Eminent Member Customer

lol ikr! Better than nothing if no communication from NLBA1! Great tool I'm happy I got on board! Nice people as well and members of this forum so far great too.

Lets fix it!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/09/2021 7:51 pm
Nicusor
(@azzido)
Member Admin

@lszynkam 

This is not an SBS report. It contains only a few information. Did you find any pin with a Zener diode? Most laptop batteries have Zener diode on both, clock and data. The diode anode us connected to GND and cathode to Clock/Data. Can you do this check ?

NLBA Laptop Battery Analyzer with Chip Reset & Repair Option

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/09/2021 8:11 pm
Mal
 Mal
(@lszynkam)
Eminent Member Customer
Posted by: @azzido

@lszynkam 

This is not an SBS report. It contains only a few information. Did you find any pin with a Zener diode? Most laptop batteries have Zener diode on both, clock and data. The diode anode us connected to GND and cathode to Clock/Data. Can you do this check ?

If i understand you correctly then yes and i wrote about it in my second post in this thread 

here i quote 

" I get 0.8 voltage drop from pin1 to 4 and 5 but what is completely crazy to me is that I get same v drop from pin 7 to 4 and 5 and it looks like only pin 1 and 7 are shorted no other pins. if that would be a shorted circuit on the OPB that would mean that more than just 1 and 7 pins would show short for example in my opinion it would be 1,2,3 and 7 shorting as 1-3 are ground I believe if that battery pinout resembles other battery I had a look at in  my life / unless this is not the case and i have Negative on pin 1 and Battery Detection on pin 7 and Positive somewhere (2,3 or 6) as 4 and 5 are data and clock. funny thing is this is working battery from a laptop I have lol."

Lets fix it!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/09/2021 8:18 pm
Nicusor
(@azzido)
Member Admin
Posted by: @azzido

@lszynkam 

If i understand you correctly then yes and i wrote about it in my second post in this thread 

here i quote 

" I get 0.8 voltage drop from pin1 to 4 and 5 but what is completely crazy to me is that I get same v drop from pin 7 to 4 and 5 and it looks like only pin 1 and 7 are shorted no other pins. if that would be a shorted circuit on the OPB that would mean that more than just 1 and 7 pins would show short for example in my opinion it would be 1,2,3 and 7 shorting as 1-3 are ground I believe if that battery pinout resembles other battery I had a look at in  my life / unless this is not the case and i have Negative on pin 1 and Battery Detection on pin 7 and Positive somewhere (2,3 or 6) as 4 and 5 are data and clock. funny thing is this is working battery from a laptop I have lol."

I see nothing related to the Zener diode I was talking about. Please check chapter 7 from the User Manual.

NLBA Laptop Battery Analyzer with Chip Reset & Repair Option

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/09/2021 10:33 am
Mal
 Mal
(@lszynkam)
Eminent Member Customer

0.8 voltage drop from pin1 to 4 and 5

That is exactly what you describe in chapter 7 how can you not see that ?

Voltage drop is appropriate term for tests using diode mode on a multimeter.

This test shows a drop in voltage so called voltage drop

A simple search on google will show as follows 

"The Diode Test Mode is the best way to test a diode as it relies on the characteristics of the Diode. In this method, the diode is put in forward bias and the voltage drop across the diode is measured, using a Multimeter. A normally working diode will allow current to flow in forward bias and must have voltage drop."

I did exactly what you describe in chapter 7 that in fact is a voltage drop test!

Lets fix it!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 08/09/2021 11:07 am
Share: