Clear all

Brand new battery but defective cells  

RSS
sedy
 sedy
(@sedy)
New Member Customer

Hello,

A don´t understand this, brand new battery from Green Cell.

Freshly unpacked.

Thanks, Jan

1602003134-2.jpg
1602003157-1.jpg
Posted : 06/10/2020 5:52 pm
azzido
(@nex)
Member Admin
Posted by: @sedy

Hello,

A don´t understand this, brand new battery from Green Cell.

Freshly unpacked.

Thanks, Jan

1602003134-2.jpg
1602003157-1.jpg

Hi Jan,

If a battery is new it does not mean that the cells are in perfect/new condition. For example if it was stored too long the cells could be overdischarged and their health could be affected.

The first 2 cells are almost fine, look at the internal resistance values, first 2 are almost the same but the last cell/cells have a much higher resistance. I would trust my software and I would say that the last cell/cells have a a higher impetance. Also, if you go in Discharge Tab and Start Discharging you can analyze on the graph how the voltage of cells are. In a perfect battery, all cell voltage lines are overlapped like there is just one line. But in you case I expect to see a high imbalance between first 2 cells and last one. It worths to give it a try.

Also, if you want, you can measure the real capacity of the battery then you know the real capacity and compare it with DesignCapacity. Measuring capacity are available in Discharging and Calibration tabs. In discharging you need to charge it to 100% then discharge it to 0%, during discharging the real capacity is measured.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/10/2020 6:09 pm
sedy
 sedy
(@sedy)
New Member Customer

@nex

Ok thanks for information, i will do it, recharde and discharge.

Any question,what is function Wake up the battery in repair menu?

When I have fully charged battery, still give my info "battery is charging, go to charge tab and charge it" but battery has 100%

Thanks, Jan

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/10/2020 7:22 pm
azzido
(@nex)
Member Admin

The WakeUp Function tries to recover those over discharged batteries but still don't have a Permanent Failure flat set.

The test checks if the battery can be charged. The message can be ignored.,

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/10/2020 9:43 pm
Share: