Notifications
Clear all

Issues with version 3.1 software  

RSS
str8nfast
(@str8nfast)
Eminent Member Customer

I have been out of office for nearly a week and when I returned, I noticed that you had released software version 3.1. I have since updated the software for all testers. I have started finding some anomalies right away. As you know the majority of the batteries are the Lenovo Yoga 11e batteries.

The first issue that I saw was that the battery would once second be locked, two passes of Battery Dynamic data later it would be unlocked? Is this an anomaly?

Posted : 20/11/2020 7:20 am
Topic Tags
str8nfast
(@str8nfast)
Eminent Member Customer

The second issue that I believe is an anomaly is that the battery is able to charge even though software states the battery is locked?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2020 7:22 am
str8nfast
(@str8nfast)
Eminent Member Customer

I also have seen this as well.

With no battery connected to tester, the output light flashes. I had to disconnect tester from USB connection to get it to stop flashing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2020 7:24 am
str8nfast
(@str8nfast)
Eminent Member Customer

The last item is, we are unable to clear bar graphs on Battery Info Tab, Current Capacity and Health. I am running 4 testers on one computer and 3 of the 4 testers bar graphs can be cleared normally  and one you have to disconnect USB to clear the graphs. Sometimes I will have 2 where the bar graphs will not clear, unless you disconnect tester from USB.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2020 7:32 am
str8nfast
(@str8nfast)
Eminent Member Customer

Are you updating the user manual to reflect 3.1 software changes? I would like to read about those changes to stay up to date on proper use of tester.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2020 7:34 am
azzido
(@nex)
Member Admin
Posted by: @str8nfast

I have been out of office for nearly a week and when I returned, I noticed that you had released software version 3.1. I have since updated the software for all testers. I have started finding some anomalies right away. As you know the majority of the batteries are the Lenovo Yoga 11e batteries.

The first issue that I saw was that the battery would once second be locked, two passes of Battery Dynamic data later it would be unlocked? Is this an anomaly?

I didn't get it fully what steps you follow to get this problem. 

In order to get correct decoding if the battery is locked or not you need to scan all Dynamic parameters 2-3 times.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2020 2:19 pm
azzido
(@nex)
Member Admin

@str8nfast

As I said above, try to read at least 2-3 times Dynamic Data.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2020 2:41 pm
azzido
(@nex)
Member Admin

@str8nfast

Can you reproduce and record the behavior ? The output LED could flash in order to scan over discharged batteries. New version has nothing to do with this behavior. Anyway, a record could be useful to understand what is happening.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2020 2:49 pm
azzido
(@nex)
Member Admin

The last item is, we are unable to clear bar graphs on Battery Info Tab, Current Capacity and Health. I am running 4 testers on one computer and 3 of the 4 testers bar graphs can be cleared normally  and one you have to disconnect USB to clear the graphs. Sometimes I will have 2 where the bar graphs will not clear, unless you disconnect tester from USB.

Bar graphs cannot be cleared, they show all the time the current values of the connected battery.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2020 2:53 pm
azzido
(@nex)
Member Admin

Are you updating the user manual to reflect 3.1 software changes? I would like to read about those changes to stay up to date on proper use of tester.

The changes are not so big. I will try to keep history revision updated here on the community.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2020 2:55 pm
str8nfast
(@str8nfast)
Eminent Member Customer

@nex In this case I could have scanned until the end of time and it would not have changed. What I described to you is the frequency of how fast it would lock / unlock. What steps did I take to get this result? I updated to your software version 3.1. None of these issues, were an issue until the update took place.

1. connected battery

2. Clicked "Start reading" and "Power on."

3. Observed Battery Tab as the locked /unlock oscillated (bounced back and fourth).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2020 3:05 pm
azzido
(@nex)
Member Admin

@nex In this case I could have scanned until the end of time and it would not have changed. What I described to you is the frequency of how fast it would lock / unlock. What steps did I take to get this result? I updated to your software version 3.1. None of these issues, were an issue until the update took place.

1. connected battery

2. Clicked "Start reading" and "Power on."

3. Observed Battery Tab as the locked /unlock oscillated (bounced back and fourth).

I want to see it in a remote session. Can you prepare AnyDesk or TeamViewer and let me know over Skype ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2020 3:15 pm
str8nfast
(@str8nfast)
Eminent Member Customer

@nex  In all cases, there was no battery attached to the tester when clearing / attempting to clear bar graphs. In all cases, with no battery attached sometimes 1 window would not clear bar graphs and the other 3 testers would clear bar graphs with NO battery attached.. Sometimes, two testers would NOT clear and the other two would. I am running 4 testers on one computer. When the bar graph would NOT clear, as I previously described, USB would have to be disconnected, and would clear once I reconnected USB. 

Version 3.1 was installed while 3.0 was still installed. Does the previous version need to be uninstalled?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2020 3:26 pm
azzido
(@nex)
Member Admin

@nex  In all cases, there was no battery attached to the tester when clearing / attempting to clear bar graphs. In all cases, with no battery attached sometimes 1 window would not clear bar graphs and the other 3 testers would clear bar graphs with NO battery attached.. Sometimes, two testers would NOT clear and the other two would. I am running 4 testers on one computer. When the bar graph would NOT clear, as I previously described, USB would have to be disconnected, and would clear once I reconnected USB. 

Version 3.1 was installed while 3.0 was still installed. Does the previous version need to be uninstalled?

As I explained, there is no clear functionality. When the battery is not connected, an error is received and probably the bar is not updated. Or something is not flashed on the COM driver and still shows data. It could be that 4 devices are too many for just one PC. I tested it only with 2 instances.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2020 3:58 pm
Share: