Notifications
Clear all

Any news on data edit form controllers in batteries?  

RSS
DeDaMrAz
(@dragan-savatic)
Active Member Customer

Is there a possibility to edit any values in static data or maybe max.error percentage or cycle count? Also clearing of some error flags?

That would be interesting.

Thanks.

Posted : 03/06/2020 7:13 pm
Nicusor
(@nex)
Member Admin

I am currently discussing a cooperation with a Russian guy who developed software to do this job, to reset the battery chips. We are still working on making the software compatible with NLBA device, the idea is to have an all in one solution, a device to do everything. Such king of Softwares are rare and expensive, we try to make a good offer for our customers.

By the way, what kind of chips do you prefer to reset ? Can you give me some exaples ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/06/2020 7:38 pm
DeDaMrAz
(@dragan-savatic)
Active Member Customer

@nex

be2works?? That would be nice to have, note me in on that module/add-on if it materializes. I have bq8030 based HP battery (as an example) that has a max.error value of 100 and a cycle count of 4 🙂 It can not be charged, stalls @500mA and closes the FETs and SoC does not change no matter how long it stays on the analyzer. 

Also I have a bunch (like around a 100) of controller boards from batteries that I can use as guinea pigs 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/06/2020 7:58 pm
Nicusor
(@nex)
Member Admin

@dragan-savatic

Can you read your HP battery and post here what you have in Battery Information Tab for Dynamic Data ? also static data ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/06/2020 8:20 pm
DeDaMrAz
(@dragan-savatic)
Active Member Customer

I can't right now as I am out for the day, but will do it as soon as possible and post you whatever info you need. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/06/2020 8:42 pm
Nicusor
(@nex)
Member Admin

@dragan-savatic

Ok, so you have BQ8030, is it Sony or Sanyo ? you can check it by reading Static Information using NLBA.

What other chips do you have ? in order to check how can we add such feature faster.

P.S. I hope you know that just reseting a chip doesn't not make the battery working. The chip gets locked if a failure is detected, in most of the cases it is due to undervoltage or imbalance between the cells. If you have the failure and you perform a reset then the chip will lock again. You need to replace all cells with new cells then to perform a reset.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/06/2020 8:53 pm
DeDaMrAz
(@dragan-savatic)
Active Member Customer

I'll post all that info when I get back into my lab.

And yes I know all that stuff 🙂 I've been reading on SLUU papers for some time now 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/06/2020 8:59 pm
Nicusor
(@nex)
Member Admin

Great. Paste the info hear as soon as you have them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/06/2020 9:45 pm
Nicusor
(@nex)
Member Admin

@dragan-savatic

I managed to finish a plugin that Resets BQ8030 chip with Sanyo firmware. You can Enter in Boot Mode, save current EEPROM which is actually the data flash, clear the errors and update parameters like Cycle Count, Manufacturer Date and FCC.

Here is a demonstration:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/12/2020 9:54 pm
DeDaMrAz
(@dragan-savatic)
Active Member Customer

@nex

Nice to see some progress, can you get back to me about controller update/upgrade? I am still at FW 1.02.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/12/2020 12:57 pm
Nicusor
(@nex)
Member Admin

@dragan-savatic

For NLBA Laptop Battery Tester device firmware update please check the options here:

https://www.laptopu.ro/community/nlba-pc-software-version-history/device-firmware-revisions

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/12/2020 2:23 pm
DeDaMrAz
(@dragan-savatic)
Active Member Customer

@nex

Let's do that, Skype or online chat maybe??

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/12/2020 2:30 pm
Nicusor
(@nex)
Member Admin

@dragan-savatic

You can check Help tab from NLBA PC Software.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/12/2020 2:31 pm
DeDaMrAz
(@dragan-savatic)
Active Member Customer

As per talk with Nicusor, I've sent required amount to his PayPal, let me know when the chip is ready for shipment. 

Thanks. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/12/2020 3:06 pm
Share: